INSURANCE PROGRAM INFORMATION
As just one of the many benefits of chapter membership, Disabled Sports USA provides its Group Insurance Program, offered by American Specialty Insurance & Risk Services and Great American Insurance Company. Organizations outside of the Disabled Sports USA chapter network are not eligible for enrollment in this program, and chapter membership does not automatically qualify an organization for enrollment.Below is an overview of the Disabled Sports USA Insurance Program and included coverages. Chapters should thoroughly review their copy of the policy to ensure they understand the coverages provided them. For questions about the Disabled Sports USA Insurance Program, please contact Cheryl Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMERCIAL GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICY
- Costs to defend or investigate a suit or claim against the insured, including court costs, witness fees, attorney’s fees and police report costs.
- Reasonable expenses associated with defense of the insured, such as loss of income for court appearances, mediation and discovery.
- Judgments or settlements resulting from covered suits, including interest required on the judgment and the injured party’s medical expenses, if your defense is unsuccessful.
Specific Coverage within the Commercial General Liability Policy:
- General Aggregate is the maximum limit of insurance payable during any given annual policy period for all losses other than those arising from specified exposures. The general aggregate limit applies to all covered bodily injury and property damage and all covered personal and advertising injury.
- Products-Completed Operations Aggregate is designed to protect you in the event that a claim occurs because of a product or completed operation provided; for example if you obtain a piece of equipment that needs to be put together before being used by a participant and a claim arises because you did not assemble it properly
- Personal and Advertising Injury covers losses due to damage to the reputation or rights of a person or business because of slander (spoken defamation), libel (written defamation), or copyright infringement
- Each Occurrence is the maximum the insurer will pay for the sum of all damages due to bodily injury, property damage and medical payments
- Damages to Premises Rented to You applies to “property damage” to premises rented to you or in the case of damage by fire, while rented to you to be temporarily occupied by you with permission from the owner
EXCESS LIABILITY INSURANCE
- Additional protection when the insurance limits on an underlying policy are exceeded. For instance, if you have $1 million in general liability coverage and a covered claim is settled for $1.5 million, the excess liability insurance policy would pick up the additional amount.
DIRECTORS & OFFICERS LIABILITY (D&O) INSURANCE
- Coverage for claims made against directors and officers that result from their activities, such as managing the financial affairs of and establishing policies for the organization. D&O insurance protects the organization and each director and officer individually against claims/lawsuits arising out of alleged wrongful acts committed in good faith, subject to policy terms and conditions.
EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES LIABILITY (EPL) INSURANCE
- Coverage for claims arising out of an organization’s employment practices, such as sexual harassment, wrongful dismissal or termination of employment, violation of employment discrimination laws (including work place harassment), wrongful failure to employ or promote, or employment related wrongful infliction of emotional distress subject to policy terms and conditions.