Click on the sections to learn more!
If a chapter is not located near you, here are some other ideas and resources to find an adaptive sports program near you!
Become a part of Disabled Sports USA’s E-Team. The E-Team is designed to support and empower young emerging athletes from the United States training competitively in Summer and Winter Paralympic Sports by providing scholarship funds and gear to athletes between 13-24 who are currently pursuing their dreams of becoming a Paralympian. Scholarships open to all Paralympic sports. For more information, click here.
Interested in becoming a Paralympian? Learn more!
Ski Spectacular National Race Scholarship Opportunities
The National Race Festival at The Hartford Ski Spectacular is a high-level, week-long, race training opportunity for entry-level to elite racers to train with the nation’s top adaptive ski, snowboard, Nordic/biathlon coaches. Disabled Sports USA offers a scholarship opportunity for athletes with physical disabilities, ages 13-24, and their coaches that covers registration for the event, exposure to the nation’s elite adaptive race coaches, ground transportation, lodging, among other things.Applications available in August.
Interested? Learn more!
Diana Golden Alpine Ski and Snowboard Racing Program
Designed for those athletes new to racing, the Diana Golden Race Program is for racers of varying abilities to learn to compete in a fun, supportive arena. Races include chapter-led events as well as all NASTAR races, providing ski and snowboard racers the unique opportunity to participate in a race at any mountain with a NASTAR course and compare their times to athletes nationwide.Winners of the NASTAR series can earn a scholarship through Disabled Sports USA to attend NASTAR Nationals. To view the entire race calendar and learn more, click here.
At Disabled Sports USA, we work hard to ensure that cost is not another barrier to sports participation. Most Disabled Sports USA chapters offer programs at reduced cost, and many have policies to never turn away a student due to lack of funds. Check out the upcoming events.
Looking for youth adaptive equipment grants? These organizations help youth with disabilities get adaptive sports equipment!
- Athletes Helping Athletes Serves youth athletes under the age of 18 (Handcycles)
- Be Perfect SCI Foundation To provide direct financial and emotional aid for individuals living with paralysis
- Challenged Athletes Foundation Grant period opens in September and is awarded in April
- High Fives Foundation Application period is open June 1- September 1
- IM ABLE Applications are reviewed quarterly on the first of February, May, August and November; Primarily serves the Mid-Atlantic area
- Kelly Brush Foundation Offers spring (January 1-April 30) and fall (June 1-September 30) equipment grants for individuals with documented paralysis
- Michael -Ryan Foundation Provides sports equipment grants that are reviewed quarterly
- SCORE Provides financial support to young athletes and their families following an accident
- Play Foundation
- Team Possibilities Awarded to active members of PossAbilites
- Triumph Foundation Help individuals recovering from spinal cord injuries
- Wheel to Walk Available to athletes under the age of 20
- Will2Walk Awarded twice a year (May and November) to individuals with spinal cord injuries
- Additional fund listing page: Sports Abilities
- Check out the “Accessing adaptive Equipment” webinar