Date(s) - 09/08/2019 - 09/14/2019
Our week-long outdoor therapeutic recreation programs support those experiencing symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, Military Sexual Trauma, and/or Polytrauma. The program is designed to help you discover a renewed sense of belonging, improve quality of life, and connect you with a community.
- Who: 9 male veterans and their significant others
- What: A week of recreational therapy through water sports, including waterskiing, wakeboarding, tubing, kayaking and more – no experience necessary
- When: Sept 8 -14, 2019
- Where: Fay Island, CA
- Accommodations: Private rooms with private bathrooms in shared house
- Accessibility: Must be able to ascend stairs and maintain core balance, will have a water sit-ski
- Cost: HG covers all related costs, including travel costs for both veterans and supporters
A few notes about our program
- Registration: Our programs are for veterans with symptoms of PTSD, TBI, MST, and/or polytrauma. If you would like to attend a program, you must first register on our website here. From there, a Participant Coordinator will be in contact with you regarding available opportunities for you. If you have already registered but your contact information has changed, please let us know so we can continue to inform you of upcoming programs! Just email email@example.com with any relevant changes.
- One-Time Experience: Due to our lengthy waitlist, we are only able to provide one week-long program. We provide resources to find recreation in your home community, as well as 3 years of follow-up after you have completed our program.
- Recreational Therapy: Our programs incorporate daily group discussions to reflect on the impact of recreation, typically they last about an hour right before dinner.
For more information, watch our video here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8gSBrgqIzQ