Website Disabled Sports USA
If I Can Do This, I Can Do Anything!
Disabled Sports USA, a national leader in sports and recreation for individuals with disabilities, seeks an experienced professional for a full time, salaried position in Rockville, MD. This position will lead our national education programing, which is the largest adaptive sports training program in the U.S., to date reaching over 2,000 people in more than 325 organizations.
Disabled Sports USA seeks a Senior Education Manager who is ready to lead the reimagining of its training and education programs, and to support our vision of ensuring that anyone, regardless of ability, has equal access to sports and recreation in their community. Disabled Sports USA, a Member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, has provided adaptive sports opportunities for more than 52 years and currently supports 140 community-based chapters in 43 states.
Disabled Sports USA’s “Vision 2028” sets the stage for transforming the public’s mindset when it comes to disability through empowering individuals to showcase their sports abilities. In order for this to happen, a robust, leading education platform must be established to train coaches, teachers, volunteers, community groups and others throughout the U.S.
- Supervise the education department (currently two staff) to deliver an annual calendar of more than 20 adaptive sports trainings and webinars, including Disabled Sports USA’s annual Adapt2Achieve Leadership Conference
- Lead and manage Disabled Sports USA’s educational strategy
- Ensure effective delivery of educational programs and products using diverse methodologies including online content, printed materials, in-person trainings, and web-based learning
- Implement a robust suite of online tools and training for Disabled Sports USA’s primary audiences
- Develop and manage a learning management system for Disabled Sports USA that will support strategic goals of the organization
- Create a marketing and communications plan to advance and expand Disabled Sports USA’s education programs
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- 5+ Years Work Experience:
- envisioning and delivering education strategies and solutions
- developing and implementing training/education programs
- engagement of learning technology, including LMS
- evaluating and improving educational processes
- project management
- supervisory and budgetary management experience
- ability to travel
- Personal Attributes:
- collaborative attitude, with ability to network and build partnerships.
- leads independently and exercises good judgment
- strong initiative and effective decision making
- detail oriented
- effective at multi-tasking
- strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- undergraduate degree in related field
- experience in instructional design a plus
- sports background preferred
- proficiency using Microsoft (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint), Adobe Suite, CRM’s, WordPress (or similar), good visual design skills and the ability to use general office technology
- proficiency in WordPress CMS (or similar), basic HTML and visual design i.e. Photoshop, illustrator a plus
Salary Range: $63,000 – $68,000 (commensurate with experience) plus benefits that include medical, a 403(b) (employer match) plan, group life and long term disability coverage, paid vacation and sick days.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Qualified candidates selected to proceed in the process will be contacted directly by our staff to schedule an interview. No phone calls will be accepted. As part of our procedure for processing your employment application, your personal and employment references will be checked. If hired, misrepresentation or omission of any facts on this application may result in you being discharged from your job. For employment purposes, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S., complete a background screening, and sign a conflict of interest agreement and abide by its terms. Disabled Sports USA prohibits discrimination in the recruitment and hiring of employees based on race, age, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, religion or national and ethnic origin.
To apply for this job please visit www.disabledsportsusa.org.