The Elite Team is designed to support and empower emerging youth athletes (ages 13-24) with disabilities who are training competitively in sports that are featured in the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games. We aim to identify and assist athletes who are trying to bridge the gap between grassroots and elite sport.
This program is intended to not only enhance the efforts of its athletes through funding opportunities, but to increase their visibility within the pipeline of their sport, and help them become the best athletes they can be, both on and off the field of play.
- One-time Training/Competition Grant of up to $500
- One-time Apparel Grant of up to $100 OR E-Team Jacket
- Recognition in Challenge Magazine
- Athlete profile on DSUSA webpage
- E-Team Newsletter
- Priority consideration for additional scholarship, training, and competition opportunities
- Between the ages of 13-24
- U.S. legal permanent resident
- Medically classifiable to compete in the Paralympic Sport you are applying under (actual current classification is not required)
- Actively participating in a training program
- Competitively active
- Enrolled in school (e.g. college, high school, home schooled)
- Provide a reference letter from your current coach (must be dated from within the current year)
- Must not be considered part of TEAM USA (cannot be a member of the national team or have an athlete profile on the US Paralympic Athlete portal for the sport you applying under). This award is intended for grassroots athletes who have not yet competed at elite national or international level
- Athletes are limited to E-Team membership for one winter and one summer sport.
- If you have been previously named to the E-Team, you are considered a member until you no longer meet the criteria and do not need to apply again, unless you are applying for a different season.
2019 Winter Application Cycle Now Open. Deadline: October 5.
2019 Summer Cycle opens in January 2019.
For more information, contact Huayra Gomez-Garcia, firstname.lastname@example.org, 240-268-0864.